I’ve spent a while deciding on how I want the electrical install to work in the van. I’ll plan the layout of the lights, sockets and pump later.
This is the preliminary plan. The intelligent split charge relay will be mounted next to the starter battery in the engine compartment. The leisure battery will fit under the drivers seat. The 12v fuse panel, 240v MCB/RCD board, 12v/240v lighting transformer and spot light relay will be mounted in the rear cupboard by the back door.
It will enable me to have the following:
- The leisure battery will charge while the engines running
- The intelligent split charge relay will disconnect the starter battery from the leisure battery when the engines not running, this will stop it being flattened when parked up and using the lights, 12v outlets and water pump in the van
- The biggest load on the leisure battery will be the 12v spotlights so I’ve added a relay and a 24v/240v transformer that will power them when connected to camp site 240v supplies
Additions at a later date:
- I have a 600w 240v inverter that I’d like to add so I can charge/run my laptop.
- I’d like to add a 240v battery charger to charge the leisure battery when connected to camp site 240v supplies
- I have an amplifier and pair of large Alpine speakers which I’d like to power off the leisure battery